Janet’s melting moment biscuits
Regular newsletter contributor and baking specialist Janet is back with another recipe for you...
Regular newsletter contributor and baking specialist Janet is back, and this month she is sharing her recipe for delicious Melting Moments biscuits.
Janet says that they are ‘very moreish and very easy to make’, so have a go and let us know how you get on…
5 oz self-raising flour, 3 oz caster sugar, 4 oz butter or margarine, 2 teaspoons vanilla essence, desiccated coconut, glace cherries.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy
- Add the vanilla essence
- Stir in flour and mix well
- Roll the mixture into small balls and then roll in the desiccated coconut
- Squash the balls slightly with your hands
- Place half a glace cherry on each ball
- Place on a greased tray and bake for 15 to20 minutes at gas mark 3 to 4 or 325 to 350f
Would you like to share a recipe with us?
Just email: firstname.lastname@example.org and you could feature on our website and social media pages.
(Send your finished creations to the same email too, we’d love to see how you get on)