Janet’s Caramel Shortbread
Try your hand at caramel shortbread. Resident baking expert Janet is back with another recipe...
Regular readers won’t be surprised to hear that our very own baking sensation has been busy in the kitchen again.
In this edition, Janet shows you how to make a delicious caramel shortbread.
“It’s really easy to make, especially as you can now by ready-made caramel. It’s a lovely treat for all the family.” She said.
9 oz of plain flour
3 oz of caster sugar
6 oz of butter
1 Tin of Carnation caramel
1 Bar of milk or plain chocolate
- Mix the flour and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Cut small butter cubes, add to the mixture and knead until it comes together to form a smooth paste.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper (or grease) andspread themixture so it’s flat and even.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes on gas mark 3-4 (325-350 Fahrenheit) until light gold incolour.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Then spread the tinned caramel across the top of the shortbread. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Add a knob of butter and your chocolate to a pan until melted.
- Spread the mixture evenly on top of the caramel
- Before it sets, mark the chocolate with a knife in squares, so it cuts easier when set.
- Refrigerate for a further hour until the chocolate is set.
If you’d like to send us images of your bakes, just email: email@example.com and we’ll post them on our social media pages.